Tuesday, November 21, 2006

The last few days…

(Hey Britt! I used a trailing ellipsis for you!)

It has been a whirlwind! I’ll hit the highlights as we dive into this long holiday weekend! Last Saturday, Britt’s sister threw a baby shower for us. It was WONDERFUL! You have never seen so much food! I hope to have pictures up soon. It was in the afternoon, we spent the morning cleaning our house really well. We knew there were going to be guests at the shower from out of town that had not seen our home or the baby’s room, so we decided to clean a bit just in case someone came over.

Well, I either over did it, or Jake moved to a new position, or BOTH! I couldn’t even get out of the chair I was in at the shower due to the pressure and pain I was in. He was so low, and there were a lot of pressure in my pelvic area, and it hurt to stand up and walk. I was perfectly happy to just sit and open presents! LOL! So, after the shower, I went home to SIT! Emma and Lara had dinner with their father, so I had some time to relax. When they got home from dinner, Britt took them to the basketball game, and I went to my parents house to rest in their huge tub. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Aqua therapy! LOL! It really did help. But Sunday morning, I was hurting again. So, our friend that is a nurse told me to wear the maternity belt I have more. I wore it all afternoon Sunday, and most of the day yesterday. I don’t know which is worse, the pain and pressure from the baby, or the plain discomfort from the belt! UGH!

So far today I am doing well. He is back up higher again and not causing all that pain. THANK GOODNESS! But, it seems to get worse as the day goes along, so I have my hand dandy maternity belt in my purse. We’ll see how today goes!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe how close it is now! You'll be holding that sweet baby boy soon. I'm so excited for you and Britt, Betsey.

    ReplyDelete