Thursday, February 17, 2011

Audacious

My husband and I got to experience a rare event yesterday.   He saw an invitation to a sermon taping for LifeChurch.tv on Facebook Monday, shared it with me.  We were intrigued, so we both used some vacation time from work and spent a couple of hours at the Edmond campus yesterday.  But this was no ordinary taping.  You see, it wasn’t our senior pastor, Craig Groeschel (whom I adore and feel gives God-breathed messages straight to me week after week), but another incredible man of God who is a close personal friend of Pastor Craig’s doing the talking.  A man whom I have come to admire since the first time I heard him speak in October of 2008 (it was the first time we ever went to LifeChurch Stillwater, and I said to my husband as we left, if this guy is a friend of the senior pastor here, I want to go to THIS church!).  A man who believes we can all pray miracle prayers and God will not only listen, but deliver.

We got the honor and the privilege of listening to Pastor Steven Furtick preach 2 “Sun Stand Still” messages yesterday.  I don’t think I have recovered yet.  Steven is the senior pastor for Elevation Church in Charlotte, North Carolina.  His church is only 5 years old and already has 4 locations.  It is the fastest growing church in the nation right now – surpassing LifeChurch.tv’s growth at this point in its life.  AMAZING.  His first book called “Sun Stand Still” came out last fall – it was one of the books (along with 2 of Pastor Craig’s) that my husband had pre-loaded on the Kindle I got for my birthday in October.  This book will ROCK your world and your thinking!  And it’s all God!  Doing amazing things through a truly talented and spirit filled pastor, teacher, author and leader.

As a part of their 5th year anniversary, ElevationChurch put together a documentary, which is available to view online for free this week only.  My husband and I watched it Monday night, and were so inspired!  It is so refreshing to see how God moves like that!  I follow Pastor Steven on Twitter, and I read his blog several times a week.  There is a video clip from one of his sermons earlier in the year that really fires me up and makes me want to share God with others.  This guy is the REAL DEAL, and if you need to be encouraged or filled up, I urge you to take a few minutes and read or listen to some of his thoughts on the Kingdom.  You won’t be disappointed.

And, join my husband and I at a LifeChurch.tv campus, a network church or church online in a few weeks to hear Steven Furtick’s “Sun stand Still” messages.  I’ll be sure and remind you when they are coming up.  I can’t wait to hear it all again! In the meantime, I am re-reading the book…

No comments:

Post a Comment