Monday, March 21, 2011

How, exactly, DOES the Sun Stand Still?

This weekend was the first of a 2 week sermon series at LifeChurch.tv by guest speaker Steven Furtick.  It pretty much rocked, just like I said it would!  (I know, I know… I’ve been touting it’s awesomeness since I saw the taping, but it was THAT good!)  I was actually at church for my “long day” as Host Team Leader from 7:30 to 1:00, so I actually sat in on all 3 services.  I have now heard it 4 times.  You should take the time to hear it just once.  ("Thank God for a church that puts everything online for free! Amen? ~Steven Furtick") You can watch it here.

I gained something new from it each time I watched it.  The Mullet and NASCAR jokes were funny every time!  (Curious, now right?  GO WATCH!)  But the truths he spoke were more poignant each time I watched.  He spoke JUST TO ME in yet another way each time.  I was prompted to read a post on facebook this morning that really summed it up so well, that I am going to borrow it.  Thank you Erica Buchanan, for being so good with words!

12 Things I Learned from Steven Furtick

by Erica Haas Buchanan on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:20pm
  1. We didn’t come here to survive this world but to change it for HIS glory.
  2. God speaks about the battles we are presently fighting in the past tense because from HIS vantage point they’ve already been won. 
  3. God can do more in a moment of favor than we can do in a lifetime of trying to do it our own way.
  4. If the size of the need seems too big for you it’s just the right size for God.
  5. One of the most humble things you can say is “God, only you can do this.”
  6. God gives you the victory but you still have to fight the battle.
  7. God involves your faith & works before he supernaturally gives you HIS grace in your situation.
  8. God is not insulted by our big requests but the small ones.
  9. If the size of your vision isn’t intimidating to you it’s insulting to God.
  10. What you ask God for is a reflection of what you believe HE can do.
  11. If you are going to ask God to make the sun stand still you better be ready to march all night.
  12. You can’t argue with my experience.
Erica and her husband, Jeff, were witness to a miracle last month when her husband was dead from a heart attack for 90 minutes on 2/14/2011, and lived to tell about it without any brain damage or other serious ill effects…  Left the hospital less than 2 weeks later!  She has chronicled her story on Facebook, and even has a T-shirt to spread the word of her Sun Stand Still Moment!

Have you ever prayed a Sun Stand Still prayer?  How can I pray for you today?

1 comment: