Thursday, May 5, 2011

Mother’s Day is coming!

I cherish being a mom. Some days, I am better at it than other days. Some days, I feel like I am drowning, and some days, I feel like I am top of the mountain! It truly is a blessing that I have an excellent partner in the day-to-day, and all in all, I have GREAT kids! They try hard, they are well behaved, they know they are loved, and they love me back! What more could a Mom ask for!

At this point in my life, I am lucky enough to be right in the middle of the Mom sandwich. I have the blessing of being a mom, and I also have the great honor of being my mother’s daughter. The trend this week on Facebook is to make your profile picture an image of your mom or us you and your mom. This is the image I have as my profile pic right now: It’s from the day of my brother’s funeral, but it is one of my favorite recent pics of me and my mom together. We know how lucky we are to be able to see each other and/or communicate with each other every day. My family is so fortunate to have her as a care giver for my kids!

The Dream Weavers are movie fans, and all of the Little Dream Weavers are lovers of all things Disney Pixar. I want to share a *very* short clip with you of what it feels like sometimes to be a mom. Imagine, the birds are saying “MOM” while you watch this:

Yeah, that’s how it feels some days. But, at the end of the day, it’s all worth it! I will treasure these days, because I know they won’t last forever. The teenage angst and scowl are just around the corner…

As a special Mother’s Day treat to all my Mommy-friends (and Daddy friends who empathize with their wives) I want to leave you with this video. I saw Anita Renfroe in concert a few weeks ago, and she is hilarious. She put together this little ditty about “Muthahood” just in time for our Mother’s Day enjoyment:

*\o/* H*A*P*P*Y**M*O*T*H*E*R*S**D*A*Y *\o/*

No comments:

Post a Comment