Friday, June 10, 2011

2 Months

I just took a look at the calendar. Today is June 10. 2 months ago today, I was in the lobby of LifeChurch.tv Stillwater when I got the phone call that changed my life forever. 2 months. Sometimes it feels like a lifetime. Sometimes it feels like a minute. I think about him every day. Some days, that means a smile or rolled eyes, some days a tear, and sometimes, I just cry.

There are so many things I have learned over the last 2 months that I would not have otherwise. Things about death, life insurance, funerals, autopsies, probate. Things about people - like stuff I never knew about Brian, or my parents and extended family that came out during this time. And things about myself and my loving husband. Things about God. Some of these things I feel good about knowing - more educated, more aware. Others, I just wish could have been left alone. Sometimes, ignorance really is bliss.

So much has changed in the last 2 months. And there are so many more changes yet to come. Today I am thanking God for the experiences I have had, the knowledge I have gained, the relationships I have fostered and the strength I have garnered over the past 2 months. And, I will praise Him for the the rivers of cleansing tears I have cried, and for the oceans still to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment