Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Betsey on Etsy



Have you ever had a wild hare?  Then actually ACTED on it?  I don’t know if it is the stress I am under, or too much Diet Coke, or maybe I took two Zoloft today or something, but I went out on a limb.  I opened a little shop on Etsy.  If you are not familiar with it STOP!  Stop right now and head over there and look around.  I would go broke over there!  I have bought a few nursery and clothing things for Finn, decals for computers, a blanket for Finn, presents for others, etc.  I love just looking for inspiration, but I also find things I *think* I cannot live without.  My wallet can live without them, though, so I leave them there for other treasure seekers…

This “Subway Art” fad is all over the place.  I have seen several cute little birth announcement type things styled with that, and I even pinned a few on Pinterest.  I was looking at them again the other day, and I decided, “I CAN DO THAT!”  So, I did a little internet searching, some font downloading (I love DaFont.com), and started playing around!  Here is what I came up with!  This is about the 4th or 5th “version” of these, but it is the one I settled on (click on the image to make it larger):



So, I showed them to my hubby, saying I wanted to print them on canvas when Canvas People have one of their sales, so I can have all four of them for our house.  You can also just print them on photo paper (I love mpix for this!), or there are tons of tutorials on the internet about how to put them on wood and make them look distressed.  Like I said I just want them on canvas. He agreed that they were very cool and was impressed with my work.

But somewhere along the way while working on them, I decided I could sell mine, too!  Other people do it!  They range in price from about $7.00 all the way up to like $20 on Etsy!  Granted some of them are the actual print or a framed print, and I am just interested in making digital files to self-print (for now), but still!  I need Sonic Run money!  So, I did it!  I bit the bullet!  I made a shop banner, and listed my subway art birth announcements!  SQUEEEEEEEEE!  In the listing I also mention weddings and graduations and other special event dates.  I need to get some examples up of those, but this is a good start!

So, why don't you click on the banner and check out my shop:


All Feedback is welcome!


*****UPDATE*****
January 16, 2013

I added a product to my store!

I had said I could do wedding signs,  but I had yet to actually create one... Until now!  They always say, work with what you know, so I did! And here is the wedding announcement I made for Britt and I:


Click on the image above or this link to my Etsy store to see this listing, and many others!  Thanks for taking a peek!  Use the code LOVE14 now through Valentine's day for 14% off your total order!  What a great time to stock up on gifts!  I can't wait to fill YOUR order!

No comments:

Post a Comment