Monday, May 6, 2013

Pint Sized Hero

Finn & Family - Team Mercy Miracles OKC MOD March for Babies 2013
One of the preemie/NICU related pages I follow on Facebook posted this poem the other day, and it really spoke to me.

Pint Sized Hero
With every breath you take, you take my breath away.
With every beat of your heart, my heart skips a beat
With every hour you fight, you teach me winning takes patience.
With every tear you shed, I shed a thousand more.
With every gaze you give me, I see a clearer picture.
With every ounce you gain, I gain an ounce of hope.
With every step forward you take, I stand up taller with pride.
With every gentle grasp of my finger, you show me the true meaning of strength
With every bit of your courage, you teach me how to be brave,
You are my pint sized hero... super mighty and supremely loved.
Thinking about all the HEROS and the babies too beautiful to be here on this earth as we drove to Oklahoma City for the March for Babies had me tearing up more than once.  While Britt and I were super excited to be taking part with Team Mercy Miracles and to see what a walk in a big(ger) city was like, the emotion of WHY we were marching shook me to the core.  All babies deserve a healthy start.  All Mommas deserve to hold their baby moments after birth.  All Daddies deserve to see their whole family together, instead of in different room, hospitals or even towns.  There has to be a way to keep these babies from being born too soon and too sick.  THANK YOU March of Dimes for working to find help and cures!

We had to get ALL of the Six Dream Weavers up early EARLY to get to OKC in time for the March for Babies.  So, with donuts in hand and sleepy kids, we hit the road on a very cold morning in May.  Mother nature is off her meds and can't decide if it is still winter or if spring has sprung.  It was cold, and the wind chill made it VERY cold.  The wind was downright BLUSTERY at times! Especially while walking between the tall buildings in downtown OKC.  The wind would spin and catch us off guard and completely take our breath away!  Finn did NOT like the wind, plus he was tired, so I carried him for a lot of the walk.  Dspite the miserable condisitons, he did really well.  We even let him down to cross the finish line at the end!

Finn Finish


We met (and exceeded!) our fundraising goal, made it on time to the walk, and Marched the entire way as a family and a Team for Mercy Miracles.  It was a day we will never forget!  So proud of how far our tiny, Pint Sized Hero has come!

Six Dream Weavers - Team Mercy Miracles! And our banner on Baby Boulevard!

  
It might have looked beautiful, but it was so cold...

Of course, there are TONS more pictures from the day!  I have posted all of them in an album on "The Early Adventures of Finn" Facebook page!  be sure to click the link to see all the day's fun and festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment