Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The One With Father's Day 2019

June 14-16, 2019

Father's Day.  These two spirited redheads are lucky enough to have 2 men in their lives they get to celebrate with.  Traditionally, they spend father's day with their biological father, but this Sunday was extra special because due to the craziness of a teenager's life, we all got to spend a little bit of time with them.  Crazy to think the next time Father's Day rolls around, they will be legal adults.  18 summers just aren't enough.

Saturday was a pretty laid back day.  Hanging out around the house and doing chores and laundry. Lara also spent some time with her friends Erica and Kendall.  Lara had a babysitting gig that night, but that was the only excitement we had.

Sunday morning while the boys and I went to church, Lara's dad picked her up to take on a day of fun.  Emma was with him as well.  I know they went to Oklahoma City, and I know Top Golf was involved.  Other than that, I just know they had a good day and enjoyed time with their Dad.

Back in Stillwater late in the evening, Lara was back at home.  She had not been home very long when Emma showed up at my house and we got to enjoy her company for a little while.  For just a few moments, it was nice to have everyone in one spot.  We even recreated an old photo.


Emma and Lara (and Skye) with their Father

Father's Day 2013

Father's Day 2016

It was late.  I had been asleep on the couch.
But I will do anything for my girls!

Happy Father's Day indeed.  We are less than 50 weekends from them turning 18, graduating high school, and moving on to the next chapter of their lives.  I am so proud of both of them, and cannot wait to see what the next year looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment