Tuesday, October 17, 2006

While I was out…

Britt, his family and friends played a little “While You Were Out” this weekend. The girls and I were banned to my mother’s house, while Britt, his sister, brother-in-law, niece, her boyfriend and a friend of his really did some GREAT work on Jake’s room! I wish I had pictures to share, but I had the digital camera with me. I was going to snap a couple this morning, but the light fixture isn’t up yet, and it is cloudy and foggy here today, so there’s not enough light to take a decent picture.

But, let me assure you, it is GORGEOUS! He matched the blue in the bedding perfectly! They scraped the popcorn off the ceiling and painted it white. Applied primer to the red, blue, green and gold walls, then pained them back two different shade of blue – one on top and one on bottom. Between the two colors of blue, there are LARGE black stick-on circles (Wall Pops)! It is so adorable! Very modern and bright and FUN! I just love the walls! They also ripped out the carpet and put down some kind of snap together wood laminate in a light color. Then, they painted all the trim, woodwork, and DOORS black! It is just AMAZING – such a transformation!

His sister is an artist – she uses aerosol and other mediums – usually on canvas. Well, she went one step further this weekend! She took a table that my mom found YEARS ago and turned it in to a work of art! It was in my bedroom in the duplex, and at one time I used it for a craft table. Anyway – she painted it black (it was white) then made one of her unique creations on the table top. It is GORGEOUS and I just love it!

There are still a few little things that need to be done in the room to finish it up before we can put the furniture in. Plus, Britt is painting all the furniture black, and it is not all quite done yet. There needs to be one more coat of paint on the ceiling, some trim put around the floor, and Britt wants to put up crown molding. All of the furniture needs another coat of paint and then to be reassembled. And the light fixture needs to be painted and re-hung. So, another weekend and it will be DONE! I am so excited – and so THANKFUL that he and his family put so much love and work into it. It is GORGEOUS! (Pictures soon, I promise!)

1 comment:

  1. It sure does sound beautiful! Can't wait to see some pictures of it all finished!

    ReplyDelete