Saturday, December 30, 2006

Home Again!

We got home last night about 7:15 – after HOURS of driving in the pouring rain. We were in some sort of rain from the time we left Shreveport, and it rained here all night. Made for a VERY long day. Once it got dark, the driving was just hard – and there was lots of wind, too, so it was a bit stressful. Did I mention the 2 four-year-olds in the back seat? But, we are home, safe and dry now. And the Pokes pulled out a victory at the Independence Bowl game!

It was a fun trip, and relatively uneventful pregnancy wise. Other than I wore out easily, and I took up a lot of space, I did the best I could to rest as much as possible, and to have fun when my body would allow it. I think the trip was about one day too long for me, and for the Twisters. I did have my blood pressure taken several times while we were down there by the team doctor, and it was pretty good each time. The bottom number was great, but Doc wasn’t too pleased with the top number any time. But, it was close to what it has been at my OB/GYN, so Britt and I weren’t too worried. We go back to my regular doctor on Tuesday, so we’ll see after that!

We got in to Shreveport late last Friday and went to dinner then off to bed. Saturday was fun just getting acclimated to our new surroundings. Sunday was Christmas Eve and they had a lot of fun tings planned for us as a group – including and inspirational church service that night. Here are the girls in our room Christmas Eve:
Christmas Day we had a brunch at the hotel, and then just hung around the hotel all day playing with our friends. That night we had a dinner at a Casino and a Christmas Party back at the hotel. Tuesday and Wednesday were the long days. Tuesday was “Kids Day Out” and we left the hotel at 9:30 am and didn’t get back until 4:00 that afternoon. We went to an exotic animal petting zoo/alligator farm, an arcade and outdoor game place (With mini-golf and a HUGE slide), a science museum where we watch an IMAX movie about hurricane Katrina, then finally back to the hotel for Happy Meals. Sometime that day, the baby “dropped.” He was MUCH lower in my abdomen that night, and has stayed there ever since. I think I look a little smaller due to this, but other people think I look larger. Then on Wednesday morning, I was just sore all over from the day before. Plus, we think I lost a small amount of my mucous plug that morning as well. Luckily, that day I was able to take it pretty easy. Thursday was game day and it was LONG, but I hung in there and found a way to enjoy myself!
I was never so happy just to SIT on a charter bus after the game as we waited for the rest of the party to get on their buses for the police escort back to the hotel. I was WIPED OUT! Friday morning we got up, loaded up and headed back home.

We are very glad we got the opportunity to experience this trip. We were just thinking on the way home how it could be next year with a toddler in tow! WOW! This past year has been an amazing one, and we know the next one holds lots of first for us as well. We can’t wait to hold our Baby Jake in a little more than 3 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment