Monday, June 6, 2011

Walk It Out

I started over again today… Remember THIS POST from January of 2010? Well, it lasted a while, then I got bored or distracted or BOTH! But today, I started again. My office is on the first floor of a 5 story building. There is a stair case at the north and south ends of the building - my office is almost dead center on the first floor. So, I go out my door, head north or south (depending on my mood), and go up the second floor, then across to the opposite stair well, then up, and over, up and over. Once I complete the hall on the 5th floor, I start down doing the same thing. I set 2 alarms on my phone – one for mid-morning and one for mid afternoon. My boss even said she would go with me sometimes! And I made a little calendar where I can mark the walks off as I complete them for some extra motivation!

So, I just got back from the second trip today. Man! Either the air is really thin on the 5th floor, or I am out of shape! ;) I only made one “lap” each time today – I hope to work up to 2 or 3 each trip pretty quickly! I didn’t think it was too bad this morning, but it was harder this afternoon. But, it has to be done! And even though the stair wells are hot and I got a little sweaty, it’s still better than being outside in the almost 100* Oklahoma heat!

1 comment:

  1. Good job, girl!!! Keep it up!!!! It will get easier before you know it! I have to argue with myself some days. I try to make excuses not to go to the gym, but lately I've been able to talk myself back into it just by simply reminding myself that I need to take care of (my body) what God has given me. Its being a good steward. Its hard sometimes, but I always am proud of myself and feel so good after I do it!

    ReplyDelete