Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hope and a Future: 2015

Christmas is over.  All the presents have been played with and the decorations put away for another year.  The New Year countdown came and went.  The New Year is upon us and the “new” has already started to wear off.  The extended 2 week vacation from work, school and reality is coming to a screeching halt in just a few short hours.  So, now what?

For me, 2015 seems so very full of promise.  So much unlike last few years.  Of course still filled with TONS of unknowns, the things I do know are filling me with excited anticipation.  A giddy expectation.  My ONE WORD for this coming year is “joyful.”  I am looking to be joyful in whatever comes my way, and to look for the joy in all things. To be joyful in the journey, and to spread joy along the way. I am (FINALLY) old enough to appreciate that not everyone is going to like me, and I’m completely OK with that.  I can’t please all the people, and I don’t need to work so hard trying to!  And not everyone is going to like or even agree with everything I do or the way in which I do it.  And that’s just fine!  We all have our own path to follow. Haters gonna hate…  And I’m just gonna… Let It Go!



Britt and I just celebrated out 9th wedding anniversary last night (our actual anniversary is the 7th).  NINE years!  And this next one's going to be great as well! Here are just a few things I am excited about for 2015. 


·         We’re moving.  I know this is happening.  I have no idea what it’s going to look like, but I know it’s happening.  The lease is up on the home we’ve been renting, and we will not be renewing it.  We really (REALLY) want to buy a house here, but the details are all in God’s hands and in his timing.  For the first half of the year, this is my number one prayer.

·         Emma and Lara, my first born babies, will turn 13.  THIRTEEN!  I will be the mother of teenagers.  This boggles my mind, but truly thrills me!  I love watching them become the young women God intends them to be!  It’s a little sad as they “need” me less and less, but it’s so AWESOME to watch them take charge of their own lives and make decisions. Constantly praying for them to listen to the Spirit and make wise decisions.

·         Financial Margin.  We have been working the last 9 months to set the foundation for our business in order to create more wiggle room in our monthly budget.  And it is truly a blessing to watch this process unfold.  We put braces on Lara last fall, and we were just told a few weeks ago Emma needs to start the process soon as well.  And Jake has decided he is a 3 (or 4 or 5) sport athlete, and at the rate he’s growing we’ll need new shoes every 2 months!  Plus, out sweet, miracle baby Finn – always a medical bill or two floating in… We need this margin in our lives!  Praising God for the guidance we have received and the knowledge we are gaining.

·         Britt and I are back to leading a LifeGroup.  I specifically took action in saying “No” to many things last year for a variety of reasons.  I feel like it worked for me and my family.  Late this past fall, we were approached with the prospect of helping our current LifeGroup (that we’ve been members of for 4 years) multiply into 2 groups.  We will be leading a group that will start with 4-5 couples later this month.  I continued my “No” streak by choosing not to host the group in our home – we are meeting at another family’s home.  Praying to be effective leaders and wise stewards of our time in this area.

·         Junior High School.  Back to those red heads of mine.  I was TERRIFIED of them going to middle school.  Paralyzed with fear.  I had heard so many bad stories, seen so many wrong choices made by friends and acquaintances.  I failed miserably by worrying CONSTANTLY about middle school.  It turned out to all be for naught.  Seriously.  The girls have had an EXCELLENT middle school experience!  I know we have 5 more months there, but I trust that nothing much will change.  So, in the fall, it’s off to Junior High.  I’m not scared.  I’m optimistic.  Lord, you know my heart in this area… I pray for continued watchfulness.

·         Time Freedom.  Right now, and for the next few months, we are dedicated to living like no one else, so that later we can LIVE like no one else.  We are dedicating all of our free time to growing and nurturing our ******** business. So that later, within this next year, we can bring me home from my regular day job.  I want to do more, and have better, for my kids.  So for now, we are saying “No” to good things to be able to say “YES” to better things.  Working smart right now will allow me to come home to my babies soon. God help us to make discerning choices in this area and guide us as we work to change our life for the better.

·         ********.  This company and this business have changed our lives.  We started last spring so we could lose weight.  We jumped on as distributors so we could get a discount.  IN the process of the journey, we have learned so much, and our focus has completely changed.  We are loving the opportunity to HELP OTHERS!  Share the knowledge and lessons we have learned.  Show friends and family how they can have what we have.  Our lives have changed, for the BETTER!  We want everyone to have what we have!  To know what we know and to feel like we feel.  Our health is improved, our finances have improved, and our OUTLOOK has improved!  Lord, show us how to be effective with our passion and help others.

·         Health and Fitness.  It seems almost un-American to not include some sort of health and wellness goals in a New Year’s list! LOL!  Britt and I started our journey 9 months ago.  He has lost 72 pounds.  I have lost 42.  We are starting a ** *** ********* (with THOUSANDS of our friends) this week.  This journey is never “over,” it just evolves.  Britt wants to lose about 30 more pounds.  I am only ½ way to my goal, so we still have work to do! 
That’s quite a list!  But can’t you see it, too? This year is going to be so joyfully amazing!  So many promises that I know will be fulfilled.  So many plans unfolding for prosperity!  We serve an AWESOME God, and He will not fail.  This is our opportunity to shine.  Our passion is to help others with their outlook on life.  To help them with their dreams.  To weave the fabric of their lives with joy.  We want to take the things we are passionate about (Jesus, family, health), and successfully share them with others to help improve their futures as well.  We invite you to pray for these things with us in 2015. 

What’s your outlook for 2015?  How can the Six Dream Weavers pray for you?  Tomorrow we go back to the “grind.”  Work, school, lessons, practices, the “daily” things.  Let’s find JOY! 

AdvoKids! Even they are ALL IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment