Sunday, August 28, 2011

Boy, THAT was fun!

Today was the day!  The day we FINALLY got to find out if we were having a SHOCKER or a SHOCKERETTE.  The sonogram scan was actually done over 2 weeks ago, but due to work schedules, start of class at OSU and start of school for our kiddos, we had to wait for a not quite as busy weekend.  Today FINALLY arrived, and we were finally able to live the excitement after all the anticipation.

First, I want to share with you a few pictures of the food and decorations that my AMAZING husband picked out and created!  I helped color the Hershey’s bars and dipped the pretzels, but the rest was all Britt.  He never ceases to amaze me:





And the CAKE!  Shout out to Sarah Jones Cakes! for the awesome design!


Here is the video of us cutting the cake:








It was BLUE!
We had 2 games for door prizes.  Instead of a traditional guest book, we had 2 baskets by the front door with slips of paper for the guests to sign in on.  If you were on Team Pink, you put your name in the pink basket; Team Blue in the blue basket.  After we revealed it was team blue, we picked a WINNER – ended up being one of my sweet sorority girls that came to the party!

Our other game was a name game.  We had narrowed our list a week or so ago to 3 girl names and 3 boy names, and Britt put those names on little tin buckets of the appropriate color.  Each guest could only pick one name from their team to “vote” for.  Once we revealed the gender, we read the 3 names on the buckets, told the crowd our choice, and pulled a name from that bucket.  My mom (!!!) won that prize!  I was very thrilled by that!  Good figuring us out, Mom!



The whole party was really a fun time.  Jake was SO thrilled (as you can see in the video) and he even talked to his brother Finn, by name, in my belly.  SO CUTE!  The party had just the right amount of people, food and games.  LOTS of leftovers, but we like it that way!  I am so glad to KNOW, and to be able to call my baby Boy by name!
Finn Ricker Weaver, I can’t WAIT to meet you!
(PS – I will post the winner of the blog contest in the morning…)

2 comments: