Thursday, July 5, 2012

A letter to Finn at 9 months old


Dear Finn,

Well, an app on my iPhone just beeped and alerted me that you are 9 months old today.  How in the world did that happen?  Especially since I am pretty sure I just brought you home like a month ago!  But, the calendar doesn’t lie, and you are, in fact, ¾ of a year old today.  Luckily for us, your adjusted age will only be 6 months tomorrow.  I can totally live with that a lot better.  The app also told me that separation anxiety peaks around 9 months old.  I wonder how the adjusted age thing plays into that…

You are such a joy!  A very smiley baby!  Everyone loves to see you smile, and you are so friendly you will share that smile with just about anyone!  Daddy and Nana are your favorites to smile at, but you will share with me and your siblings, too!  Your dad and I have a million pictures of that infectious smile on our phones and camera!  Let’s see, you are still in 3-6 month clothing – although the one piece pajamas are starting to get a little too short, wearing size 2 diapers, you can roll front to back with no problem and you try back to front every once in a while, you can sit for about 2 seconds on your own, and YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST TOOTH!  It just popped through the gums yesterday!  I am going to miss those precious toothless grins!  Just another indicator that you are in growing into a Big Boy!

You go see your pediatrician next week for your regular 9 month checkup, and we also have a hearing screening scheduled for that day – just routine since you were a NICU baby!  I am pretty sure you can hear just fine since you have all the noise of a 6 person home around you!  You got to enjoy your first 4th of July fireworks display last night, and you were in awe!  Just sat in my lap and stared at the beautiful lights in the sky!

And your local celebrity streak continues!  The Oklahoma Blood Institute once again used your miracle status as a call to action for people to donate blood, and to show how that act can literally change a life!  You are the cover boy for this summer’s OBI newsletter – and we couldn’t be more proud.  You are showing off that precious smile again!



I love you, my little peanut!  I can’t wait to find out how much you’ve grown when we weigh you and measure you next week.  You change every day, and I am so blessed to be a part of this miracle.  You have changed our entire family for the better, and I am appreciating every moment we get to grow and stretch with you.  Thank you for being my son, and for teaching us all so many important lessons.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment