Thursday, January 23, 2020

The One With the Knife and a Movie

January 17-January 20, 2020 (MLK weekend)

This one is one we won't forget soon.  Everything was happening all at once, and none of it was easy on Friday!  Finn had been sick for 3 days, so Britt had decided it was time to take him to the Dr. before the weekend.  In the meantime, Emma calls from Meridian Tech and says "I just hurt myself really bad.  I am ion my way to the nurse's office.  Brooke is at work and my Dad is in Wichita, so if I need you to come and get me, can you?"  I don't drive a car to campus, so I am not the best option, but at that moment, Britt was taking Finn to the Dr.  So, I asked a coworker if she could help.  Emma calls back from the nurse's office, and the nurse says she needs stitches.  Fast Forward an hour, we are at the urgent care clinic, they can't stitch her thumb with she sliced with a very sharp pocket know if to the width of the gash (no "gue" either), so we have to wrap it tightly, and "let it heal."  OH!  And, she needs a Tetanus Booster Shot.  By the time all of this is done, she has missed the bus back to Orlando for High Shcool and missed her only high school class of the day, Spanish.  I drove her to Orlando, made sure she got the work she missed in school, then came back to work.  She got caught up at school, packed for the weekend, and she came to Stillwater for the weekend.  I was glad I got to keep her close and nurse her thumb.  It bled for a LONG time!




Saturday, the girls were up and at 'em early to head to the donut shop.  They took separate cars in case Emma was not feeling too well.  She said that her thumb didn't hurt too bad, but her arm sure did from the shot!  She made it to early afternoon, then called to say she was coming home.  We were on our way to Edmond for Jake's basketball game, so we picked her up and Guthrie and she came along.  This is the first time she got to watch jake play school ball!



Sunday morning, we got up early and headed to church.  Finn was still not feeling 100%.  He had missed 3 days of school, then went on an played his basketball game early Saturday morning.  So, my 3 big kids and I loaded up the car, and headed to church!  We looked a little rough, but it was so worth it!


Sunday afternoon, I fulfilled a promise to my little women by taking them to the movies to see the 2019 version of the Littel Women Move.

Lara and I both really enjoyed it.  We laughed, we cried, we ooohed and ahhed!  Emma watched the movie and made fun of us for crying.  LOL!  She also enjoyed the movie, but she had not read the book(s), so she was not quite as invested!

And because this weekend would never end, we had the 2020 Pioneer Football awards and end of season banquet Sunday night.  Lots of treats, trophies, and tears.  I know Lara can't believe it is over...





Next week is Senior Night for Pioneer Wrestling.  And more basketball games.  And their little brother turns 13.  It never ends!  And we only have 17 weekends left...

No comments:

Post a Comment