Friday, January 14, 2011

10 Days to go!

When I started this journey, I thought when I got to this point I would be pining for then end.  But I’m not.  I just passed the halfway point.  This is day 12.  Counting today, I have 10 more days of fasting.  It almost doesn’t seem like enough!

Let me explain.  It’s not about the food.  It’s not even really about denying myself.  It’s about strength.  And self-revelation.  And leaning on the Almighty God!  Seeing what God wants to show me; hearing what He wants me to hear.  I will admit, I am a bit of a control freak.  But for several years, one thing has controlled me – and I let it.  I said “I can’t” and “It will never work” and “I have 3 kids…” and on and on and on.  All excuses.  All not the way God wanted me to be living.  All weak and foolish.  I have learned SO MUCH over the past 2 weeks.  I am not weak.  God wants me to be strong.  God wants to use me, a HEALTHY me.  I need to take care of me to be able to take care of the rest of my family and to do His work.  I FEEL so much better. Physically, of course, but emotionally and spiritually, too.  I feel like I can walk taller and I can find joy in the little things.  Things that were starting to get lost.

I love that at 6:00am every morning, 2 computers in this house are tuned to youversion.com and we are starting our day immersed in the Word.  I love that we can share what we’ve learned with each other since we are doing different reading plans.   I love that we are being creative with dinner since we still have 3 kids to feed!  I told the girls last night when they were begging to go out to dinner that they were on a fast, too – from restaurant food!  We ate out TOO MUCH.  This fast is a jump start to change our lives – I can feel it!  Since we’re not constantly trying to scramble for meals, there’s more time to just hang out as a family at home.  Play Wii, read books, clean the house, enjoy each other’s company.  We’re saving money, too since we’re not eating the quantity of food that we normally do – another great habit being formed.

So, the end seems almost a negative event.  I want to keep starting my day in the word, learning more, eating better, saving money, and having more time at home.  I feel like the fast is my armor, in a sense.  I am in here doing this now, but will it continue when the 21 days is over?  That is my prayer for today.  That the habits gained and the lessons learned will continue for me and my family.  It will continue to be a battle, and there will still be good days and bad ones too, but the experiences gleaned from this season will keep us on track.  That, as a family, we will be ALL IN for Christ in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment