Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome to 2013



We are 3 days in to the New Year.  2013 is  63 hours old for me.  Hubby and I are back at work, but the kids are still on break through the weekend.  So, Nana the Wonder Sitter is pulling quadruple duty!  So far, so good, but I can tell it is the 2nd day – my phone has rung a LOT with One Directions “What Makes You Beautiful” (my ring tone for when the Twisters call me).  Silly questions.  About how to save files on USB drives.  And ice cream that’s been in the freezer “for months and no one has touched it.” And the dog’s birthday.  I’m not kidding.

When I was checking my email after lunch, I saw the ever popular Ree Drummond Pioneer Woman had a new blog post.  That I simply MUST check out.  I love her.  I love her writing.  And I love when my husband prepares her recipes for us.  YUM!  And, she responded to me on Twitter.  Once.  I have proof:




It is called “Resolutions” and I was glad I clicked.  I enjoyed her take on things. It inspired me.  I hate resolutions.  Promises I can’t keep.  Pledges I don’t stick to.  And since I can’t remember what I had for breakfast most days, it’s hard to even remember them.  But, I thought her idea was cute, so I thought I would give it a shot.  Here goes…


R ead my Bible daily (Thanks to YouVersion and amazing reading plans, this one will be easy!)
E at less. Exercise more.
S low and Steady wins the race. Rome wasn't built in a day. The longest journey starts with one step. Just Do It!
O wn less junk.  De-clutter. And don’t bring in new clutter!
L earn something new.  Like how to sew.  Or sign language! Anyone want to teach me (either?)
U nderstand my husband more. I love him.  All the time.  I don’t understand him all the time…
T alk less.  Listen more.  I am bad at that…
 I nvest in my children.  Time. Life. Lessons.
O vercome obstacles.  Don’t let them be walls.
N otice life around me.  Don’t get caught up in my own little world.

So, what do you think? Are those achievable?  Sound like good ones for me?  I am going to print this out and have it where I can see it daily to remind me of my goals.  What are yours?  I would love to hear what you can come up with using “resolution” as a guide!  Share them!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment