Friday, April 5, 2013

Guest Blogger: One and a Half



Hello!  It’s Finn.  I took over Mommy’s blog and I’m here to tell you all about me today – since it is my half birthday!  I am 18 months old TODAY!  I have 10 teeth (4 on top, 6 on bottom) with 2 more (top) on the way.  I weigh just about 20 pounds, and I am 30 inches tall.  I am walking ALL OVER the place – mastered that about a week ago.  I still don’t have any “words,” but I love to babble and tell stories!  I like to point, shake my head, and count other people’s teeth.  I can clap – I’ve done it like 5 times in my whole life.  I think that’s enough.  I always wake up happy and smiley and ready to play – even if the light is too bright in my room to really open my eyes very wide!  I think it’s funny to shake my head back and forth, and I still can crawl like greased lighting to get away from you!  I like o wave, too.  Not at any predictable time, and usually at nothing in particular, but I do it!  Daddy says it is a "dainty" wave.  What does that mean?  I like to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Sofia the First as well as Jake and the Neverland Pirates on Disney Channel.  My favorite foods are whatever everyone else is eating!  I love pudding, Puffs snacks, and milk.  And Squeezy Food!  That’s what Mom and Dad call the purees in the pouches that are made for toddlers.  I drink out of a sippy cup, but only if it has a soft spout.  Mommy tires to trick me with those ones with the hard spout, but I just throw them back at her.  I love to climb on anything and everything – my climbing toy, fireplace hearth, couch, bed, chairs, things I shouldn’t – and I am even getting good at getting myself out of sticky situations!  I love being in a big family – Jake is the best big brother I could ever ask for, and Emma and Lara are great babysitters – most of the time.

Here are a few pictures of me on my Half Birthday – ALWAYS on the move!  Mommy says that is why I am so skinny!



For my Half Birthday, I would like to ask my friends to help me make my fundraising goal for the March of Dimes Oklahoma City March for Babies.  I am marching with the Mercy Miracles team, and I have set a fundraising goal of $126.00.  The march is on May 4, so I have about a month to reach my goal!  (Along with my parents and siblings, I am still serving as the Ambassador Family for the Stillwater March for Babies in September, but I wanted to be a part of this team as well.)  I am a Mercy Miracle, having graduated from the 12 week NICU course in 2011.  I am so grateful for the nurses, practitioners, doctors, therapists and other staff that made my visit bearable and taught my parents how to be preemie parents.  They, along with the research funded by the March of Dimes, saved my life.  I would not be here today if not for ALL of them, and I want to show my support. 

So, here’s my ½ birthday WISH LIST:

  • 1 person to donate $126.00
  • 2 people to donate $63.00 each
  • 3 people to donate $42.00 each
  • 4 people to donate $31.50 each
  • 6 people to donate $21.00 each
  • 8 people to donate $15.75 each
  • 12 people to donate $10.50 each

Click on my MERCY MIRACLES FINN WEAVER SAYS page to make your donation!  And you can join the Facebook event as well.  We would love to see you on the 4th at Myriad Gardens in Oklahoma City and have you March for Babies with us!  Be sure and let me Mommy know if you have ANY questions - and keep watching "The Early Adventures of Finn" Facebook and my Twitter for more updates!  Let's CRUSH this!


No comments:

Post a Comment