Monday, May 20, 2019

The Last One Where They Were Sixteen

May 10 - 12, 2019

Now, this was a memorable weekend.  Last weekend that Emma and Lara were 16.  Mother's Day.  Celebrated a dual 17th birthday a little early.  And we lived it up - made lots of new memories.

Somewhat shockingly, we all had a free Friday night.  So, it was time for an adventure.  Lara was done with baseball and did not have to be back at Football until Monday, Emma was in Payne County for the weekend staying with Nana and Grandpa in Perkins.  Boys were all busy getting Jake to and from the last middle school dance of the year.  So, an adventure was born!

For her 17th birthday, Emma wanted to get a second piercing in each ear lobe.  After we got Jake off to his last 6th grade dance, it was time to make birthday dreams come true.

She had looked up pricing at the chain jewelry stores (Claire's), but I knew there were better options out there.  I know she was coming to town on Friday night to do this, so I found out what it took as far as money and paperwork to get it done at a local tattoo parlor.  She did not know we were going to the tattoo parlor; she assumed we were off to the jewelry store!  Nana was with us, too.  She was in for quite a surprise.

So, we went to Tomahawk Tattoo where Amber, who is an RN, does the piercings.  I was ready for Emma to get the additional hole in each of her lobes, but she also opted for her tragus in one ear as well.  Here are pictures from our evening:

Here we are at the tattoo parlor!  Emma, Nana, Lara

Getting Ready

One done

New holes - 2 on this side

one new hole on this side

Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Last picture of Emma and Lara as 16 year olds
Saturday was a "non-day" for me as I was on Campus from 7:30am to 8:30 pm to work all 4 undergraduate commencement ceremonies.  I know the girls did things, but I have no idea what they did!  I do know Lara was with Dad and the boys when they picked me up after the last ceremony and we went to grab dinner!

Sunday.  Mother's Day!  I was spoiled by m family!  But I think the coolest gift was the hand made metal rose Emma made for me in her metal fab/welding class at Meridian Tech.  I love handmade gifts, and this one is pretty special.  Lara painted me a picture as well.  It's a small cactus on a canvas, and I love it!  My creative girls, and the rest of my family, made it a GREAT Mother's Day!





Mother's Day 2019
After Mother's Day festivities, we decided to go ahead and celebrate Lara's birthday with her gifts as well.  All she had wanted for a long time was a Victrola records player.  So, she got that, some Bluetooth over the ear headphones, and LOTS AND LOTS of vinyl records!  She is in her heaven!

Thanks, Mom and Dad!
Their actual birthday is Tuesday.  Seventeen.  Dancing Queens.  I cannot believe it,



No comments:

Post a Comment