Monday, December 16, 2019

The One With All the Glitter

December 6 - 8, 2019

Sometimes, all that glitters isn't GOLD.  This Friday was one of the hardest I have had as a parent.  So many things to do and places to be, and I was unable to do all the ones I wanted to do.  I posted about it mid-day, through my tears.

This is what I said:
"I’ve only had one breakdown (so far) today. But the fact that I can’t be everywhere I want to be today is rough. And all the emotions about “lasts” today for the Twisters is weighing heavy.
Emma has a basketball homecoming tonight. She is on the court, performs at the pep rally with her cheer squad, and plays for the girls' basketball team. I am missing all of it.
Lara worked at the donut shop this morning and is back at school for the pep rally and team send-off. Then it’s off to Edmond for the State Championship game. I am missing all this afternoon’s festivities. But I’ll be at the game!
Jake and his 7th grade basketball team are playing in the Deer Creek Tournament this afternoon. I’m missing it.
Finn is celebrating Grinch day at school, then he has his piano lesson this evening. I have not even met his piano teacher. I won’t today either.
I am already on my way to Edmond and UCO for a work/grad school meeting this afternoon. Britt is going to Jake’s game, then we’re meeting up for the state football game. Nana is handling the piano lesson and then Mulhall-Orlando Homecoming.
This is the busiest day I think I have ever had as a parent. And I am so incredibly grateful for my family, my village, my extended and blended families for making each of my kids feel special and important as they reach for their dreams. I can’t be everywhere physically, but pieces of this Momma’s heart will be all over Oklahoma today! And I am sure there will be tears!"

So Friday I spent the whole day at the UCO campus in Edmond, and we went to the State Championship Football game  We lost the game, but we had a ton of fun in the process.  I have no words, but there are some fun pictures!

Mom's OOTD

Lara's biggest fan
WORK

Family

LAST.  Halftime.  Selfie.

FRIENDS
Then, the end of the game happened...






Lots of sadness, LOTS of tears, but still super proud of this team!

Meanwhile, back in Payne/Logan county, Emma did her homecoming thing. Again, more pictures than words.  


Cheer girls

Pep Rally









  





Saturday morning it was back to work at the Donut shop.  Saturday night Lara and the boys stayed home while I had a holiday party to attend.  And Sunday everyone caught up on sleep and laundry.

The girls are finishing up college classes and have a few more weeks of regular classes.  The end of the semester, and the start of 2020, is very, VERY near!

No comments:

Post a Comment