Friday, October 22, 2021

So, Mom got a new job...

 
8 months
42 applications
22 phone and or zoom interviews
6 candidate finalist interviews
5 campus visits in 4 states
And I ended up 30 yards north and 4 floors down from my current position!

Friday, 10/15/21 was my last day as Assistant Registrar over Registration and Enrollment in the Office of the Registrar at Oklahoma State University. After a long, nationwide job search, Monday, I started in a new position – at OSU - that may be the best fit I never knew I needed!

I was selected by Dr. David Mariott and his selection committee as the Department Coordinator for the newly created Student Success CRM Department. We are a small, but mighty, department of 4 who will be implementing Slate CRM for Student Success across campus with our current students, as well as faculty and staff initiatives. I will manage 2 team members, under Dr. Mariott’s direction, as we work towards student retention and completion goals. I will help with strategic planning, implement new software initiatives, and assist with assessment and reporting. This is all very new, and very exciting, but also a little intimidating.

I have just finished out the first week, and I am exhausted! But I have learned so much, and I am ready to dive in and begin making a difference next week. There is a HUGE learning curve for me, but I am READY! Since we are a brand new department, we were greeted with 3 empty offices with desks from surplus, and we have spent the last week procuring chairs, and bookshelves, and getting computers imaged, and all the things that need to be done to make an office run. We are in 3 offices in the basement of the Classroom Building, but each of our 3 offices has a window! It's not a bad spot at all, but we know as we grow we will have to relocate.



I am overjoyed by this opportunity. This role incorporates all the things I am passionate about and am GOOD at! And I am thrilled I get to stay in Stillwater and be a Cowboy a little longer!

GO POKES!




No comments:

Post a Comment