Saturday, April 1, 2023

Guest Blogger: EMMA HORINEK


This is a guest post from my daughter, Emma.  Twin A, fragile like a bomb, wild and free, but cares so deeply.  This is a recent photo of her with her sweet boyfriend, Austin, who helped fight the wildfires yesterday along the Oklahoma and Kansas border.  Emma is "#1" in the post I wrote about the craziness of yesterday.

Yesterday was a little grounding for me and made me remember to count my blessings. 

I experienced a fire, my significant other experience a fire, my little brother experienced a fire (and his baseball senior night!) and my other little big brother experienced a tornado. Then my mom and stepdad along with my sister, my littlest brother, and their dogs evacuated their house due to a wildfire. Finally, when we got settled in I saw the news that one of my friends from high school lost their house to a wildfire. All this, yesterday. 

So my story starts when I was on my way to Stillwater and Austin Spielman called me to tell me that he was needed to help fight a fire in Silverdale. He told me he just finished filling the water tank on his truck as well as the water trailer and he was headed out. When I arrive at my eye doctor appointment in Stillwater a tree had caught fire in the parking lot due to getting caught in a powerline and the power went out, I was not able to finish my appointment. (I am getting glasses tho) During this time my brother was fighting fires in Osage County. When I left the eye doctor, I called my mom to tell her what had happened and she informed me that she was evacuating with the rest of the Weaver household due to a wildfire in Guthrie, Oklahoma. I made it home from Stillwater and later on in the evening had dinner with Austin then we were relaxing at a friend's house and he got the call. He had to go back out. It was 4 AM before he got home and while he was out, I was looking through Facebook and found out about my friend. My big little brother was headed up to Memphis Tennessee for basketball and they had a couple of run-ins with tornadoes due to this crazy weather. 

Yesterday could have ended so badly for me and so many people close to me but I thank God today that it didn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment