Wednesday, July 31, 2019

The One With The Fight Song on Repeat

July 26  - 28, 2019

Another simple, almost lazy summer weekend!  Britt and I were going through boxes that haven't been opened in years and trying to throw some stuff away!  We have TOO MUCH STUFF!  It led to the discovery of some fun high school and college treasures of mine, but I digress.  Back to the 2020 Project and what the girls were up to...

Lara was home most of the weekend.  She spent a lot of time amusing me by looking at things I found along the way.  I found a super cute picture of the girls when they were 1.5 years old:



And I found all my parking permit hang tags - I even asked her current principal, Uwe Gordon, if she could use them this year in lieu of me paying a bunch of money for one... He said NO!


Lara also spent a lot of time with her friends.  One who leaves for Harvard soon, and one who will be spending Senior Year with Lara this year.  They swam (took Jake and Finn, once, too), hung out, and even took their own tour of OSU in the rented electric "SPIN" scooters.  Lara was worried she would get lost, but she didn't!

But our favorite part of the weekend was a super fun piece of mail we received:


And the T-shirt we had purchased in anticipation of this occasion:


And the BEST NEWS EVER:

This card plays the OSU fight song.  We heard it ALL WEEKEND!

So exciting to welcome Lara to the Cowboy Family!  She still has to take the ACT to get that score higher and maintain her senior GPA, but she got an early acceptance!  WHOOO WHOOOOO!  Go Pokes! Class of 2024!

Boomerang

I know a little of Emma's weekend.  She was all over Northern Oklahoma, as usual.  She spent time in Perkins with my parents.  She went to a Rodeo.  And she went to Lake Carl Blackwell for boating and tubing with a high school friend of hers.  She is still figuring out what to do with college.  She is going to sign up for the October ACT and go from there.

We have a place to talk about senior pictures and ACT prep later this week with both girls.  It. Is. Getting. So. Real!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment